Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reflection

The ride home from the Reynolds Institute allowed for some personal reflection time that has put me in a great position to make a difference at Globe High.  The hour and a half drive allowed me to prioritize my thoughts, enjoy the happy memories and think about all the great things that I will do when I get started.

It can not be underestimated how important this is experience was, not only for my career but for my students.  It is far deeper than just journalism.  It has been my experience that students are looking for something to belong to and something that belongs to them.  Once they get that, the will go to the ends of the earth to keep it and share it with others.  The Reynolds Institute has given me the confidence to go back to Globe and give my students a program to be proud of .  Thank you.

Richard Franco
Globe, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment