Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mailbox! Open Mailbox!

One of the more exciting presentations at the Reynolds Institute, believe it or not was about fonts.  Yes! I said fonts!  As shown in the picture, there are for more to fonts than meets the eye.  I had no idea there were so many names for all the different kinds lines of font.  Nor did I know how important choosing a font can be for our local publication.
When I thought about fonts in the past, I figured Time New Roman at 12 points was all you needed to know.  Turns out, that is not the end all be all and most of the time it is barely even used.  It was a breath of fresh air to get insight into something that I had no idea about and fonts are something I can see myself spending some time on this upcoming school year.

Richard Franco
Globe, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment