Monday, June 27, 2011

Reynolds Institute 2011 participants bid farewell



The headline says "farewell," but that doesn't mean an end to this blog as a tool for all of you. I'll keep it live until next year and go ahead and shut down access (but not access to the content) next year if contributions stop, which would be natural and understandable. The Facebook group will stay in place. In fact, I was thinking about inviting participants from all five years to join in to expand your network. Please let me know your thoughts on that.

You can download the video above with a free Vimeo account. Here's a direct link to the full-size (250 MB) video on Vimeo. Also, here is a link to a lower-resolution version (50 MB) that demands less from your hard drive and will work fine on a DVD.

Please don't read anything into it if you aren't included in this video. The goal was to show others the impact of this institute on participants, their students and their schools, and I focused on comments addressing that.

Steve Elliott
Arizona State University
Phoenix

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Steve, for sharing this with us. I have watched it twice and suspect that I am not finished enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Steve. Thanks for sharing and thanks for keeping this blog active. I look forward to staying in touch with my new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Steve! I cannot believe I still cry when I watch our goodbyes. I hope you open the facebook to other participants since I think many hands make light work in this business. Thank you again for the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Steve. The video is excellent. Each time I see a video on our blog, it reminds me that I should be using that tool with the newspaper. I can't wait to begin a new year with my journalism students and newspaper staff.
    I, too, think that having a Facebook page for all participants is a great idea. It gives all of us a larger network, especially since our positions are so limited in our own districts.
    Karla Erdman
    Freedom High School
    Bethlehem, PA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Steve, great job on this. I agree with opening this up to all the attendees. That will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. Again, this was such a great experience.

    Tina Davis
    Ketchum High School
    Ketchum, Okla.

    ReplyDelete