Friday, June 24, 2011

Additional thoughts (to cover my quota)

I have been trying to decide what role I play in the student paper and I'm beginning to lean towards Alan's philosophy of teaching the basics and signing the checks, (though I'm positive he does so much more).  I think the trick will be to get the kids to buy into their product, as was mentioned many times by not only Alan, but others at the conference.  The more ownership by them, I think the better the product.  And, eventually my dilemma of spirit and traditions could be solved in some small part.


Jeremy Zona
Mesquite High School
Gilbert, AZ

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am considering what my role as an adviser should be. I thought I knew what that role was, but after this experience I'm rethinking that. I certainly have lots of things to think about before school begins.

    ReplyDelete